Thirsties cloth diapers are a favorite among the cloth diapering parents! They are made in the USA and with USA sourced components. I know that this is something that many parents look for in a cloth diaper company! I had heard so many good things about Thirsties from my friend Meagan that first turned me on to cloth diapering and also from many members of the local Cloth Diaper Utah group that I am a part of. So, you would imagine that I was beyond elated when I was sent a Thirsties Duo Diaper to review. Most of the Thirsties diapers that I had seen were prefolds and covers. I was so pleasantly surprised to be sent a Thirsties pocket diaper to review.
If any of you are like me.... the first thing that you noticed about this diaper is the ADORABLE print! Owls are a big favorite right now, and this is a gender neutral owl print! This was automatically one of my favorite diapers based on the print alone. Thirsties also has many other prints and colors that are just as fun as this one.
There are many features that make the Thirsties Duo Diaper stand out among other cloth diapers.
- The inserts - This diaper comes with 2 inserts that snap together. "Thirsties' specialty inserts feature two layers of serged microfiber terry snapped together with five serged layers of hemp jersey; seven thirsty layers in all! Microfiber terry is a fast absorber designed to rest closest to your baby's skin (beneath the microfleece sleeve); hemp is a stable absorber and pairs perfectly behind the microfiber terry to add more absorbency and to prevent compression leaking". This is such a great idea! I have never seen another diaper that combines using a micofiber and a hemp insert! This is very absorbent, baby M has worn this diaper on many occasions over long periods of time with no leaks! Some might worry that this would make the diaper seem bulky, but it doesn't at all. Each insert is thin. Even with both inserts snapped together, it is still not as thick as some of my single inserts for my other diapers.
- Leg gussets - The leg gussets on this diaper are unlike any other diaper I have seen. They provide advanced leak protection, but are soft against baby's skin and do not leave any red marks. (See picture later in post). We had a situation that would have been a blow out in many other diapers (for sure in a disposable), and these leg gussets kept everything in.
- Sizing - These are unlike other "sized" diapers. They come in 2 sizes, and each of those sizes has adjustable rise snaps that make the diaper like 3 sizes in one. So, given the 2 sizes and the 3 settings on each, you have 6 size choices for your baby. This allows for a much better fit than most one size diaper systems will give you. As many of you know, one size diapers often tend to be too big on newborns and too small on toddlers. These diapers take care of that issue.
- Duo openings - There are openings at the top and bottom of the diaper to place the insert. This makes for easy stuffing, and the insert will agitate out in the wash which will keep hands clean. There is also ample room in the pocket for extra inserts if needed (for night diapering etc).
- Laundry tabs - I did not need this feature since I received the diaper in the snap option. But, for those who prefer hook and loop, this diaper has laundry tabs that will preserve the life of your diaper.
- Cost - You are paying for QUALITY with this diaper! A Thirsties diaper is made in the USA with USA sourced components, can be washed time and time again without any worry, is made with fabrics and features that cannot be found with any other diaper... the list goes on. Considering all of this, I am surprised that they don't charge more! You can get a Duo Diaper for $18.50-$19.50 (depending on if you want solid colors or prints). If you are interested in purchasing a Duo Diaper or another Thirsties product, you can locate a retailer using the Retailer Locator.
If you would like to learn more about Thirsties products, please visit the Thirsties website catalog. You can also follow Thisties on Twitter and Facebook!
I received the product mention above free for review purposes. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. I only suggest products to my readers that I know they will love as much as I do. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Thirsties is generously giving away one Duo Diaper
(in the size, closure and color or print of your choice)
to one of my lucky readers!
Please use the Rafflecopter form below to enter.
Giveaway terms and conditions listed at the bottom of the form.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway